Vegan Rum Cake Recipe
Ingredients* 3 cups cake flour
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
* 2 cups sugar (brown rice syrup, Agave syrup or your favorite)
* 3/4 cup light coconut milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 8 ounces silken tofu
* 1/4 cup coconut flavored rum
* 1/2 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease 2 cake pans.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. Combine coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, tofu, rum, and butter in another bowl. Mix well. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until no lumps are present.
5. Place 1/2 the batter in each prepared cake pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
6. Cool and frost with your favorite frosting or use frosting recipe that follows.
Vanilla Frosting Recipe* 3 tablespoons vegan margarine
* 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Directions:1. Mix margarine, shortening and vanilla together with an electric mixer.
2. Slowly add in powdered sugar while continuing to mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Make sure cake is cool before frosting.
"Vegan's are sooooo cool"